Saturday, September 22, 2007

Testing, testing is this thing on?

Sorry for the long silence everyone. I had this great post in my head all planned out last Monday and I planned to take pictures as soon as the migraine I had ended. Well..... its Saturday night and the migraine is almost gone. Thats right, a SIX day migraine. I feel like my life has been on hold, with a ton to do to catch up with in work and studying and just living. I have never slept so much and yet feel so tired. I showered today and that took all of my energy. I managed to knit again today for the first time since almost Monday (I tried knitting last night and managed a row on my socks before I was too tired to continue).
Last night/today was also Yom Kippur and for the first time in my life, I couldn't go to temple for the services. I feel a little guilty. I know I don't believe in the Book of Life and being written in it, but on the other hand, if there is one, I hope G-d understands that I was feeling like crap. My mom wore my tallis both last night and today and I think I got her to wear sneakers today for me. (Traditionally you can't wear leather for Yom Kippur). Don't worry, I didn't fast. I couldn't, I was too sick but officially children, women and those who would become ill can't fast for Yom Kippur. A lot of Jewish laws can be broken for medical reasons, such as if necessary an orthodox Jew would get you to a hospital on Shabbat even if it required driving or riding in an ambulance. It just feels weird to not have Yom Kippur this year, like I missed it and the year just lost it. Maybe that only makes sense in my head.