Saturday, August 4, 2007

Under a stack of books

I wish I could say that was a good thing. I love reading and the idea of being in a pile of books sounds wonderful. I tend to go a little nuts in a library and take out as many books as I can carry. However, I am now under a pile of books for studying the GREs. Ug.

Rebecca and Auntie Em, you both were correct, the answer was rayon.

Your reward was going to be a picture of the yarn I just received and my brand new hair cut but seeing how I am melting in this heat, I spent the night seperated from my yarn and my camera. Hopefully today I can get pictures.

Today's word came up in my studying twice so it must be important:
Sycophant - (noun) Servile flatterer; bootlicker, yes man

Today's question:
(taken from Barron's GRE 2008, page 30)
19. Let the lenghts of the sides of the triangle be represented by x+3, 2x-3 and 3x-5. If the perimeter of the triangle is 25, what is the lenght of the shortest side?
A. 5
B. 6
c. 7
D. 8
E. 10


Knitting news: Not a lot of progress on the sock yesterday since I had a migraine most of the day. Today I won't be going directly to knitting with Auntie Em since I have the eye doctor and then I am buying some books for my vacation (we all spend a lot of the time reading) and buying a new pillow to hopefully help my neck. Then maybe some knitting time and a trip to our yarn store to get our Saturday fill. I hope to see some people at the brunch tomorrow!